LOOK AT HOW MUCH WE HAVE CHANGED OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS!
Bikes: In 2016/17 we had 3.2% using bikes. In 2017 /18 this moved to 6.1% and in 2018 we moved to 10.9%
Walking: In 2016/17 we had 37.1% walking to school. In 2017/18 we had 40.2%. Unfortunately this dropped a little in 2018 to 36.4%
Car: In 201617 we had 37.9% of our pupils using cars to come to school. This dropped in 2017/18 to 24.4%. Unfortunately this went up again slightly in 2018 to 26.4%
Overall active modes have gone from 41.1% in 2016/17 to 47.6% in 2017/18 to 49.1% in 2018 which is really pleasing.
We really hope our methods of travelling will continue to improve in walking/biking and scooting in 2019 as we aim for our GOLD SUSTRANS AWARD!
Thanks to all parents and pupils for choosing alternative ways to come to school rather than coming in the car or bus.
Thanks from Mrs Mc Anespie and Ms Mulholland (Sustrans Coordinators)
All the best!
How can YOU get to Santa??
* Each day you cycle, scoot or walk to school gets you
closer to Santa!
* The challenge begins on Monday 19th November and finishes on Friday, 14th December.
* Keep your Journey to Santa stamp book in your
* Make sure you get your journey marked off each day you cycle , scoot or walk to school.
* 15 active journeys to school will get you to Santa and a chance to win a prize from Santa’s workshop!