On this page you will find lots of important information about school and what's been going on in your child's class throughout the year.
Contact Mrs Mc Evoy on
Ms Mulholland on
OUR FIRST COMMUNION IS ON SATURDAY 21/5/22
in St Patricks Church 10am
Genre: adventure and mystery stories
Talking and listening
Speaking and listening; listen and respond to ideas about the main features of adventure and mystery stories
Sentence Level Work
• understand the differences between verbs in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person, e.g. I/we do, you/you do, he/she/they, do/does, through:
• noting the differences between the singular and plural persons;
• discussing the purposes for which each can be used;
• relating to different types of text, e.g. 1st person for diaries, personal letters, 2nd person for instructions, directions; 3rd person for narrative, recounts;
• experimenting with transforming sentences and noting which words need to be changed.
• understand and use the term ‘paragraph’ appropriately
Word Level Work
Weekly Spelling and dictation check-up (Friday)
Adding near doubles to 10
Reciting the 3 times tables
Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
Add and subtract multiples of 10 using 100 square
Mentally adding 9, 19, 29, 39 to any number, answers within 100
Add 11, 21, 31, 41 to a number using 100 square
Know number before, after and in-between within 999
Find missing number in a sequence (increasing and decreasing) within 999
Dividing by 2
Develop a standard written method for vertical addition (with carrying)
Know what must be added to any 2 digit number to make the next multiple of 10
Understand the 3 times multiplication facts as repeated addition, and as arrays. Develop quick recall, using understanding of commutativity.
Understand how to divide by 2
Represent data by constructing and interpreting pictograms where the symbol represents more than one object
Shape & Space
Understand and use the concept of tessellation through practical activities.
Identify which 2D shapes will tessellate and which will not.
Use simple grid references to identify a particular square on a grid
Understand how to interpret and locate the coordinates on a grid