If you have any issues regarding Child Protection or would like advice on any situation please contact:
Mr Fox (Designated Child Protection teacher)
Ms Mulholland (Deputy Designated Child Protection teacher)
Mrs Mc Guigan (Deputy Designated Child Protection teacher)
A Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy operates in Presentation Primary School.
We in Presentation Primary School have a responsibility for the Pastoral Care, general welfare and safety of the children in our care and we will carry out this duty by providing a caring, supportive and safe environment, where each child is valued for his or her unique talents and abilities, and in which all our young people can learn and develop to their full potential. All staff, teaching and non-teaching should be alert to the signs of possible abuse and should know the procedures to be followed.
In all their contact with pupils, staff in Presentation Primary School follow the guidelines and procedures outlined in the DE Circular 2017/04: ‘Safeguarding and Child Protection in Schools - A Guide for Schools’
As a Rights Respecting School we follow the following conventions:
· The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all things that affect children. Article 3
· Children must not be separated from their parents unless it is in their best interests (for example, if a parent is hurting a child). Article 9
· Every child has the right to have a say in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously. Article 12
· Ensure that children are protected from all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and bad treatment by their parents or anyone else who looks after them. Article 19
· Every child has the right to the best possible health. Article 24
· Every child has the right to a standard of living that is good enough to meet their physical, social and mental needs. Article 27
Reporting a Concern
· I have a concern about my/a child’s safety
· I can talk to the class teacher
· If I am still concerned, I can talk to the Designated Teacher for Child Protection Mr Fox or the Deputy Designated Teacher Mrs Mc Guigan or the Principal Ms Mulholland
· If I am still concerned, I can talk/write to the Chair of the Board of Governors Fr Clarke/Sr Eveleen, through school
At any time a parent can talk to a Social Worker at the Gateway Team
Tel: 0800 7837745 (Free Phone from a Landline)
Or can contact the PSNI Public Protection Unit
Tel: 101 (Ask for PPU in ‘E’ District)
In all cases of suspected child abuse, the action that will be taken in Presentation Primary School is that of informing Social Services and the Education Authority. The school will NOT be involved in investigating the suspected abuse.
Useful documents and websites
PLEASE read the information attached but please be aware that the character has been reported to pop up in other games and Youtube, including Youtube kids.
We don't want to scare any of our children but feel it's important they know what steps to follow should they come across this character or anything like it.
There is lots more information about this available online.